For some businesses, reputation management can become a serious issue.
As your business grows, it appears more and more often in customer reviews, media coverage, blog posts, articles and comments. Consumers use these online mentions to help them determine a level of trust to afford your business.
What does the current online information say about your business?
Managing your online reputation
There has been shown to be a direct relationship between the online reputation of a business and how much work flows through to it. This is true for both good and poor levels of online reputation.
The first step in managing your online reputation is to monitor reviews and mentions of your business, products or services. Once you are aware of a mention, it can be determined if it is good, bad or neutral and dealt with accordingly.
From there it is beneficial to respond to these reviews and mentions reasonably promptly. The tone of language used in response is also vital, most especially when dealing with negative reviews.
Just one additional note; a negative review does not mean your business is doing poorly. It is simply that at some point, something has gone wrong. Reviews are an early warning to potential issues in your business that should be looked at.
A continuous stream of poor reviews, however, suggests that deeper issues in your business practices need to be looked at. Information gathered through reputation management can assist in the process.
A full reputation management service includes;
- Monitoring the internet for mentions of your business.
- Responding to mentions, both positive and negative.
- Mitigating the effects of negative reviews through appropriate response and tone of language.
- Fixing or removing negative mentions, where possible.
- Help in understanding why your business is receiving certain types of reviews and mentions.
- Promoting positive mentions and feedback
- Assisting in turning unhappy customers into business advocates.
If your business is struggling with poor reputation, or if you would like to capitalise further on your good business reviews, please contact us.